18 Hatley Road
Belfast, ME 04915
Phone: (207) 338-5800
Fax: (207) 338-4900
Cornerspring Montessori School strives to provide programs using a modified approach to the methods, philosophy, and teachings of Maria Montessori. Our goal is to provide an environment that will stimulate, foster and nurture the love for learning that will continue to develop throughout life.
We are committed to individualized education allowing children freedom to develop at their own pace. We strive to satisfy a child's need to know, to belong, to feel safe and secure and to develop self esteem.
Our goals for children are to support the development of:
- a sense of joy and wonder
- a sense of basic trust in the world and in relationships with others
- self-confidence and a positive self-image
- each child's ability to be a self-learner and problem-solver
- self help skills to increase independence and autonomy
- coordination, concentration and a sense of order
- internal control and motivation
- language, communicative competent and conflict resolution skills
- an understanding of themselves as memebers of a peaceful community