Geekbook 1.28 - Pinterest becomes more business-friendly!
Welcome to Geekbook -- Capturing the daily buzz in social media and online marketing & design, as well as trends, news, and cultural topics that are helping shape and inform today's readers. Send comments or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe here to receive Geekbook via e-mail.
@HuffingtonPost At 11:39 am EST on Jan. 28, 1986, the Space Shuttle Challenger broke apart 73 seconds after launch, killing the crew of 7.
Today -- Barnes & Noble to close a third of stores, watch Super Bowl ads now, interesting or annoying Facebook change, Microsoft prepping for big launch, Pinterest becomes more business-friendly, and Business week rolls out its new Design issue.
- Newsfeed: Barnes & Noble to close a third of stores over the next decade. - The Daily Beast
- Super Bowl Ads: No need to wait until Sunday to see the Super Bowl ads. Here's another batch of early online releases from Axe, Volkswagen, Century 21, and Audi. - AdAge
- Facebook News: You may see something new when you Like a page in Facebook this week. There is a limited rollout of a change which shows you thumbnails of pages that you might like. - Sprout Social
- Microsoft Office 2013: Microsoft appears to be on the verge of launching the latest version of Office, according to a tweet the official Office Twitter account posted over the weekend. - Mashable
Musical Interlude: Summer Song by Joe Satriani, 1992
- Pinterest Update: Pinterest has revamped its activity feed and launched a new “News” tool that is designed to make content easier to find on the picture-based social media notice board. - The Wall
- Design: Businessweek debuts Design issue. The magazine’s first design-themed issue hits newsstands today, and it’s packed with features from 31 of the world’s most cutting edge thinkers and innovative products in that market.
"If fate means you to lose, give him a good fight anyhow." --William McFee, British-American writer