Historic photo: Waldo County General
The new Waldo County General Hospital was nearing completion in this 1958 photo and ready for the dedication ceremony held March 30 that year in the large Hospital Aid Room on the basement level. In the April 10, 1958, issue of The Republican Journal, it was reported that an estimated 1,500 to 2,000 people attended. The new hospital was completed ahead of required contract schedule at a cost of $850,000. There were originally 34 patient rooms, with a total capacity of 60 beds.
Photograph courtesy of the Belfast Museum