Insurance FYI: Make Job Site Accidents and Vandalism a Thing of the Past
Job site accidents and after hours vandalism are things you can take steps to prevent. here are some simple tips to follow:
a. Pick up tools daily – keep the job site clean to prevent slip and fall injuries.
b. If possible, transport tools daily to and from the job site.
c. Inscribe tools with a name and document the tool and serial number.
d. Maintain tools in good working order.
e. use OSHA-approved ladders and step ladders.
2. Reduce falls from ladders, roofs, etc. by wearing a harness as required by OSHA.
3. Keep storage trailers locked and in a visible area under lighting if possible.
4. Use caution tape and signs around dangerous work areas (roofing, framing).
5. Obtain the proper permits and required code enforcement inspections.
6. Use care in disposing of or storing job site chemicals in a safe area (paint, stain and rags).
7. Check weather reports as they pertain to the job.
8. Document workplace injuries immediately.
9. Maintain a first aid kit on all job sites.
This information comes from our business partner MMG Insurance: mmgins.com.
Always feel free to call your insurance agent with questions.
Allen Insurance and Financial is an employee-owned insurance, employee benefits, and financial services company with offices in Camden, Rockland and Southwest Harbor. Call 800-439-4311.
- Allen Insurance and Financial34 Elm St.Phone: 207-236-4311
Camden, ME 04843-0578