Liberty firefighters contain blaze to chimney

By Ben Holbrook | Jan 22, 2013
Photo by: Ben Holbrook Liberty firefighters battled a chimney fire at a residence on Tannery Lane Tuesday, Jan. 22. The fire was contained to the chimney, and no damage was done to the home.

Liberty firefighters kept a fire contained to the chimney of a Tannery Lane residence Tuesday, Jan. 22.

Firefighters were dispatched at 12:40 p.m. to the residence, where they discovered a buildup of creosote in the chimney had ignited. Liberty Fire Chief Bill Gillespie said his crew was able to contain the fire to the chimney, and no damage was done to the home.

However, he said the chimney was condemned because of the damage it sustained as a result of the fire.

The homeowner was at the residence at the time of the fire, but was not injured, Gillespie said.

Republican Journal reporter Ben Holbrook can be reached at 338-3333 or at bholbrook@courierpublicationsllc.com.

Comments (1)
Posted by: Debbie Harriman | Jan 23, 2013 06:35

Great job, Liberty Fire Department!  Thank you...

 



If you wish to comment, please login.