Mount View fall tryouts/practices begin Aug. 19
Thorndike — The Mount View High School athletic department has announced tryouts for all students interested in participating in fall sports will take place on Monday, Aug. 19.
The athletic department will require student-athletes to submit to, or have on file, a current physical examination (form), parental permission and proof of insurance coverage prior to any try out or participation in fall sports activities.
Student-athletes may pick up forms at the Mount View athletic office or download them from the athletics page on the Regional School Unit 3 website at msad3.org (go to the athletics page, see forms on the left side of page, open, download, and print).
Practice and tryout times for each sport are listed:
• Field hockey, Monday through Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. at the school.
• Boys soccer, Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the school.
• Girls soccer, Monday through Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. at the school.
• Football, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, Session 1 from 7 to 9 a.m. and Session 2 from 4 to 6 p.m., and Wednesday and Friday (one session only), 7 to 10 a.m.
• Golf, Monday through Friday, 4 to 6 p.m. at Country View Golf Course in Brooks.
• Cheering, Monday, 3:30 to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 5:30 to 7 p.m., and Saturday, 9 to 11 a.m. All practices are at the school.