Now HERE'S an opportunity for YOU!
Did your New Year's Resolution include volunteering? The Knox County Humane Society needs new hands, hearts and creative minds to make our community a happier, safer place for animals. Look at some of the ways you can help:
We are always looking for dedicated volunteers to help us care for the animals and the facility!
Besides helping us clean (we always need this help mornings from 8-11am), you may also:
* Bake goodies for an event
* Walk dogs
* Socialize cats (feel free to bring a book and sit with our cats)
* Answer phones from 8-11am
* Train dogs (regular commitment)
* Bathe and/or groom animals
* Foster an animal
* Help with mailings
* Do computer tasks: design posters, enter data, create reports, etc.
* Work on our trails, gardens or lawn
* Help at special events
* Work on fundraisers
* Run errands (vet, shopping, etc.)
* Mow the lawn, weed, paint
Please note that children under the age of 15 who want to volunteer must be accompanied by an adult.
Please call the shelter at 594-2200 for more information, or contact Joan Vargas at firstname.lastname@example.org.