Police continue to investigate Stockton Springs shooting

By Tanya Mitchell | Jan 16, 2013
Source: File image

Stockton Springs — The Maine State Police are still investigating the shooting death of a Brooks man outside a Stockton Springs residence on Nov. 17.

Wednesday, Jan. 9, Maine State Police Public Information Officer Steve McCausland said the shooting death of 31-year-old David Linscott Jr. of Brooks remains under investigation.

"There are no new developments," stated McCausland.

On the day of the incident, McCausland reported, Linscott died in the front yard of the Robert Tucker residence on Route 1. McCausland said Tucker, 36, shot Linscott. Police interviewed Tucker on the day of the shooting, and as of this week, Tucker has not been charged in connection with the incident.

McCausland said Linscott went to the Tucker residence with a group of friends, all of whom left the home within minutes after the shooting. Searsport police officers located Linscott's friends a short time later, McCausland said, and investigators interviewed each of them, in addition to Tucker, in an effort to determine the circumstances surrounding the shooting.

A search of the archives did not turn up any information suggesting Tucker had any significant criminal record.

According to previously published reports, Linscott was charged in connection with the alleged theft of a battery from a Belfast gravel pit two days prior to his death. In addition, Linscott was indicted by a Waldo County Grand Jury in 2010 on burglary and theft charges, and also was indicted on burglary and criminal mischief charges in 2008.

In the days after the shooting, the Maine State Medical Examiner's Office said the cause of death for Linscott was a gunshot wound to the chest. A call placed to the Medical Examiner's Office Tuesday, Jan. 8, seeking further information on the case had not been returned as of Wednesday afternoon.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.