Review and approval process for July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014 budget
1. The proposed Budget, the Manager’s Budget Message, the Status of City Surplus and Capital Projects proposed to be paid from Surplus — and a summary of all proposed Budget changes — are posted on the city website and available for inspection at the City Manager’s Office at City Hall during regular business hours.
2. The subject matter scheduled for every budget meeting will be posted in advance on the city website and on Municipal Bulletin Boards.
3. We have scheduled four initial budget meetings as listed below.
4. The Council has asked that if anyone in Belfast has an idea on how to save money call 338-3370 ext. 10 or drop off your ideas at the City Manager’s office and they will all be referred to the Council for their further consideration.
5. The Council will set aside a few minutes at the start of every budget session to allow Belfast citizens the opportunity to express ideas or concerns about the proposed department budgets or other expenditures, which are scheduled to be addressed that evening. This opportunity will be limited.
6. Thursday, April 4, the Council will address request from Social Service agencies and Miscellaneous Promotional requests. Applicants are free to attend but the Council will not need verbal presentations as they have all of the written requests.
Monday, April 1, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Council Budget Workshop. Transfer Station, GA, Public Works Department, Road Construction, Tree Program, Sidewalks, Revenues, Capital Projects, Debt Service
Tuesday, April 2, Regular Council Meeting
Thursday, April 4, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Council Budget Workshop. Parks and Recreation, Cemetery, Social Service Agencies, Misc. Promotionals
Tuesday, April 9, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Council Budget Workshop. Planning Department, Economic Development, Airport, Police Department, Animal Control, Crossing Guards
Thursday, April 11
Harbor, Fire and Ambulance Departments, EMA Director, Library, Employee Benefits, Municipal Insurance
Tuesday, April 16, Regular Council Meeting