Severe thunderstorm warning dashes Midcoast athletic eventsAs of mid-afternoon, Oceanside boys soccer, Mount View field hockey still on
Due to a severe thunderstorm warning throughout Knox, Waldo and part of Lincoln counties on Thursday, Sept. 12, several high school soccer and field hockey games throughout the Midcoast have been postponed.
As of 2 p.m., the only two high school games still scheduled to be played were the Oceanside boys soccer team hosting Gardiner at 3:30 p.m., and the Mount View field hockey team hosting Maranacook of Readfield at 4 p.m.
The following is a breakdown of postponed games and makeup dates, when available:
• Leavitt at Oceanside field hockey, postponed to Friday, Sept. 13 at 4 p.m.
• Oceanside girls soccer at Gardiner, postponed to Monday, Sept. 16 at 3:30 p.m.
• Belfast boys soccer at Medomak Valley, postponed to Friday, Sept. 13 at 4 p.m.
• Medomak Valley girls soccer at Belfast postponed, no makeup date available.
• Lincoln Academy girls soccer at Camden Hills, postponed to Friday, Sept. 13 at 3:30 p.m.
• Camden Hills boys soccer at Lincoln Academy, postponed to Friday, Sept. 13 at 7 p.m.
• Camden Hills at Belfast field hockey postponed to Monday, Sept. 30 at 4 p.m.
• Bangor Christian at Searsport boys soccer postponed, no makeup date available.