"The Sandbox" Informational Meeting to be scheduled
a Waldo County alternative to public school
that is affordable for all families
What is the Sandbox? What kind of learning alternative will it be? What do we have to do to make it happen?
The Sandbox is using Doodle to schedule an informational meeting.
This is a complex project; bring questions, comments, concerns. I have indicated three dates, and three times on those dates. If you can't make any of those dates and would still like to attend, please let me know times that would be good for you.
Our goal is to open the doors of the Sandbox in the Fall of 2014.
If your child is:
- not currently enjoying learning at school;
- having behavior problems;
- bored and frustrated with his/her classes;
- wants to direct his/her own learning...
...then the Sandbox might be right for your family.
If you believe that learning begins with the discovery and pursuit of passionate learning, with the assistance and support of adults, then it is possible that the Sandbox might be right for your family.
The Sandbox is committed to providing a K-12 learning alternative that is affordable to everyone who needs it.
- Why the Sandbox? Why is it important to create a public school alternative that is accessible to all regardless of ability to pay?
- What grades/ages will the Sandbox cover?
- What will learning at the Sandbox look like?
- How do we make the Sandbox happen?
- How much will Sandbox families pay for membership?
- What work and support will the Sandbox require from member families?
- What input will member families have in the mission and goals of the Sandbox?
Please let me know if having a children's activities at this Meeting would help you.
Thanks and I hope to hear from you!