The Sandbox Informational Meeting
|215 Depot Street|
|Sep 14, 2013|
|10:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
Find out about The Sandbox!
September 14 10:00 am
The Sandbox, a Passionate Learning Cooperative, is, right now, little more than a collection of ideas.
The first idea is to create a school right here in Waldo County, where a we support their basic human drive to learn and grow. At the Sandbox, kids can discover and pursue their interests with the support and encouragement of adults and each other.
The second is to make this school available to all, regardless of the ability to pay.
The third is to is to show the same respect for children as we demand from them. The more we strengthen relationships with trust and respect, the better the learning experiences will be for all.
There are other ideas; a whole assortment. A child’s wish list and a parent’s dream. But is this dream right for you and your family? Could it become a reality?
I think it can.
If you'd like to know more about this alternative to public school, please come to the Informational Meeting on September 14.
1. Why the Sandbox?
2. What will learning at the Sandbox look like?
3. How do we make the Sandbox happen?
4. How much will Sandbox families pay for membership?
5. What work and support will the Sandbox require from member families?
6. What input will member families have in the mission and goals of the Sandbox?
7. When will the Sandbox open its doors?
For more information, see the Sandbox blog
Like our page on Facebook
Join the Facebook discussion
Can't come but want to be kept "in the loop?" Sign up here.