This Week's 5 Things You Should See
1) A Mind-Blowing Flash Mob
2) A Heart-Breaking Photo from 1995
3) A Kindergartner's Surprise Performance for Her Deaf Parents
4) A Man Wearing Pink Tutus for a Very Touching Reason
5) Why Space Travel Matters
by Jeff Howland
The Internet is not a hoax machine. A lot of the time we're having 'long-form' discussions about the differences between 'snark' and 'smarm' or reading about hoax theory and its impact on society. Or talking about Sriracha, or the E-Trade baby, or Beyonce. It's not all hoaxes.
See, this is real. And the 'fake' sign language interpreter says he's not fake, rather just had a schizophrenic episode inches away from President Obama and several other world leaders. Selfie: A type of self-portrait photograph, typically taken with a phone, as seen here. And, I don't know if this is real, but I need to stop looking at it.
Never lose your phone again. And while you're at the bar and in need of showing off your battle prowess, try this proven technique. Those scientists, what will they come up with next? Maybe work on this situation at some point. And, 'We might even find the NSA tuning into our wigs.' Wait, what?
Photo from 1919 captures the origins of the duckface pose. And speaking of the early 20th century, back in my day we'd just throw on an extra pair of long-johns if it got this cold. Fisher Price says screw the American Academy for Pediatrics, and launches the iPad bouncy seat. What do the kids say?
5 Things You Should See
1. The USAF Band Holiday Flash Mob (chills at 3:40, 4:30, 5:36)
2. Firefighter's Son in Iconic 1995 Funeral Photo Follows In Dad's Footsteps
3. Little Girl Surprises Everyone, Signs Kindergarten Concert to Her Deaf Parents
4. What This Man Does to Help His Wife Through Chemo Will Make You Smile
5. Push Beyond Those Barriers and Reach the Place Where Dreams are Born (chills 2:08, 2:56)
Music - Beyonce, Drunk in Love (feat. Jay Z)
Words - "Be steady and well-ordered in your life so that you can be fierce and original in your work." - Gustave Flaubert
Made it this far…See what else we’re talking about.