University of Maine at Augusta announces graduates from Waldo County
Augusta — Saturday, May 14, at the Augusta Civic Center, the University of Maine at Augusta held its 43rd commencement exercises. About 450 of the 636 students graduating from UMA, including from the UMA Bangor campus and University College Centers, attended commencement.
Presiding over the commencement exercises was UMA President Allyson Hughes Handley, who opened the occasion by acknowledging the role of faculty, staff, family and friends in helping UMA’s Class of 2011 to receive their diplomas.
The graduates from Waldo County, listed by degree, are:
Associate of Science — Nursing
• Mary Margaret Cox, Searsmont; John Wayne Eastham, Brooks; Sherry Lee Fennimore, Belfast; Debra M. Fratini, Winterport; Patrick Amos Johndro, Knox; Jodi Ann King, Belfast; Kimberly Ann Nalewajek, Winterport; Margaret Hopkins Raymond, Montville; Cady Jane Steeves, Liberty; Michelle L. Wilbur, Searsport.
Associate of Arts — Liberal Studies
• Jeremy Alan Brown, Palermo.
Associate of Science — Business Administration
• Nicole Yvonne Hoad, Winterport; Tmana Toennis, Northport.
Associate of Science — Dental Hygiene
• Amanda Louise Cushman, Brooks; Samantha Quinn, Lincolnville.
Bachelor of Applied Science
• Katherine C. Hecht, Searsport.
Bachelor of Arts — Social Science
• Shawna Lynne Grady, Palermo; Kimberly Grinnell, Lincolnville Center.
Bachelor of Science — Business Administration
• Tiffany Ann Knox, Searsmont.
Bachelor of Science — Library and Information Services
• Megan Catherine Seekins, Stockton Springs.
Bachelor of Science — Mental Heath and Human Services
• Opal Ash, Belfast; Marc L. Box, Belmont; Melissa Wallace, Belfast; Marylyn E. Wood-Sinclair, Brooks.