Waldo County General Hospital scholarship applications available
Those pursuing further education in a healthcare-related field may be eligible for scholarships awarded by Waldo County General Hospital. Awards are made to graduating high school seniors, college undergraduates, and employees pursuing careers in healthcare-related fields including but not limited to, nursing, laboratory technician, surgical technician, radiology, pharmacy, therapy services and medical records coding/transcription.
The applicant must:
1. be a high school graduate (or have a GED);
2. be a resident of Waldo County, an employee of Waldo County General Hospital; or the child of an employee;
3. be enrolled in a school of higher learning;
4. be pursuing a career in a healthcare-related program;
5. submit an “Application for Health Care Scholarship;" and
6. demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
Applicants must apply annually. Students interested in obtaining a scholarship application may contact their high school guidance office or pick up an application in the Hospital’s administration building on the corner of Northport Avenue and Fahey Street, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
For further information about the scholarship program and/or to have an application mailed to you, contact Lauri McLean, Scholarship Coordinator, at 338-9302, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be completed and returned to Waldo County General Hospital by Friday, March 7.