Two local men racked up several charges after allegedly assaulting a former female acquaintance and her new boyfriend late Feb. 28.

At about 11:40 p.m., the Waldo County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a disturbance at an apartment on North Searsport Road in Swanville.

As a result of that report and the subsequent investigation, Adam L. Skinner, 21, of Belfast has been charged with burglary, assault, aggravated criminal trespass, operating after suspension and reckless conduct.

Dalton N. Hines, 18, of Swanville has been charged with domestic assault, robbery, burglary, aggravated criminal trespass, theft, domestic terrorizing and evasion of registration fees and excise taxes.

The initial report of the disturbance came from a woman who said that Hines, whom she had a relationship with previously, had shown up at her door with another man and began banging on the door. She told police that when her current boyfriend opened the door, Hines punched the man in the face, according to Chief Deputy Bob Keating.

The woman’s boyfriend closed the apartment door and, according to police, Skinner began kicking the door, which shattered two panes of glass in the door.

Once inside, Hines allegedly began choking the female and threatened to kill her, Keating said. As the woman attempted to call for help, Hines smashed the phone, Keating added.

Tables and chairs in the home were also flipped upside down in the incident, police said.

Deputies James Greeley and Dan Thompson and Sgt. James Porter responded to the call and before they arrived the two men had left.

The deputies walked around the outside of the store and were able to see footprints in the snow and the broken glass. The female had been showered in glass and had several small cuts on her arms and legs as a result, Keating said.

Porter attempted to follow the vehicle’s tracks in the snow and found a car abandoned on Dickey Mill Road in Searsport.

Police learned that following the incident, Hines had allegedly sent the woman’s mother a text message saying he was sorry for what he had done.

When officers tried to contact Hines by cell phone, he answered and indicated he would turn himself in and hung up.

Greeley eventually made contact with Hines, who agreed that he and Skinner would meet police on Route 1 in Belfast to turn themselves in.

“Hines indicated to officers he was having a bad night,” Keating said.

They were both booked at the Waldo County Jail shortly before 2 a.m. March 1.