An arrest or summons does not constitute a finding of guilt. An individual charged with a crime is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty at criminal proceedings.

Law enforcement officials with Troop D of the Maine State Police responded to the following incidents in Waldo County during the past week. Anyone with information regarding ongoing investigations is asked to call 800-452-4664.

June 2
Smith received a complaint from a motorist regarding an unlawful discharge of a firearm. Smith located Troy Oliver, 36, of Monroe and charged him with unlawful discharge of a firearm.

Trooper Jonah O'Roak investigated a criminal mischief complaint on Sunny Point Road in Swanville. The victim reported one of his vehicles had been damaged. O'Roak's investigation revealed the windshield, headlights and mirrors had all been broken, and the investigation is ongoing.

June 4
O'Roak processed a burglary scene on Merrithew Road in Searsport for the Searsport Police Department.

Trooper Bethany Couturier investigated a report of criminal mischief on Muskrat Farm Road in Prospect. The complainant reported someone had damaged the gate leading into his gravel pit. The investigation is ongoing.

Couturier summoned William Farrar, 31, of Winterport for operating after susepension.

Couturier investigated a report of harassment via Facebook. The harassment stemmed from one of the person's involved not properly securing their child in a safety seat.  

Trooper Donald Webber summoned Mark Cain, 47, of Winterport regarding an ongoing operating under the influence investigation.

June 5
Couturier investigated an unauthorized use of motor vehicle incident. Her investigation revealed Joseph Robbins, 25, had taken the vehicle without the owner's consent. Robbins was summoned for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and the vehicle was returned to the owner.

June 6
Troopers Couturier, Webber, Patrick Munzing and Shawn Porter investigated a single-vehicle crash on Back Belmont Road in Belmont. Both subjects in the vehicle — Elizabeth Peabody, 25, and Philip Little, 30, both of Belmont — were taken to an undisclosed hospital. Peabody was treated and released, while as of June 8 Little remained in the hospital with serious personal injuries. The accident is under investigation by police.