Thayne Ormsby, 20, of Orient, Maine, has been arrested and charged with three counts of murder in connection with the deaths of Jeffrey Ryan, Jesse Ryan and Jason Dehahn, according to a news release from the Maine State Police Criminal Investigation Division II in the late afternoon of July 2.

Ormsby was arrested earlier in the afternoon of July 2, according to the release, on a fugitive from justice charge in Dover, N.H., after Maine State Police detectives and Dover detectives located and interviewed him.

Two search warrants were also executed by detectives. Ormsby was most recently residing at 149 Portland Ave. in Dover, N.H., the release stated.

Detectives are also searching several locations in the greater Amity area as a result of information developed in the investigation.

Ormsby will be held in Dover, N.H., until extradition proceedings are held early next week.

The three victims, which state police detectives said in a June 24 Department of Public Safety news release had been stabbed, were discovered by a relative of one of the victims around 9:30 p.m. on June 23, at Jeffrey Ryan’s Amity home, about 15 miles south of Houlton.

In addition to Ryan, 55, the victims included his 10-year-old son, Jesse Ryan, and 30-year-old Jason Dehahn, a friend of the elder Ryan and an Amity resident, Department of Public Safety spokesperson Steve McCausland said in the prior release. Detectives were said to have thought the homicides took place in the early morning hours of June 23.

For several days, police were searching for Ryan’s 1989 Ford F-150, which was missing from the murder scene. It was subsequently found about 11:30 a.m. on June 26, in the town of Weston, about 15 miles south of the crime scene in Amity on Route 1. A landowner found the truck along a tote road while he was out on his property, according to a Department of Public Safety news release at that time. 

The truck had been destroyed by fire, and state police detectives and investigators from the State Fire Marshal’s Office went to the site to gather evidence. The truck was transported to the Maine State Police Crime Lab in Augusta the night of June 26, McCausland said in the release.