The Waldo County General Hospital Aid held its annual Silver Tea fundraiser at the Old Searsport Road home of Dr. John and Robin Lewis and family Dec. 8.

The event was well attended and between donations and a raffle, netted more than $2,000 for the volunteer group that works on behalf of the hospital.

According to literature from WCGH, the 1797 Colonial home was built for the first minister of the area, the Rev. Ebenezer Price, and was a venue for services and marriages. It was subsequently home to the Rev. William Vaughan for nearly 50 years, and has survived several fires and a pair of lightning strikes.

Each year the Hospital Aid holds a benefit at a different historic home in the area, offering tea and refreshments from an antique silver service.