An assault that allegedly occurred at a residence on the Boston Road Sunday, Jan. 2, has yet to result in an arrest, and has since been referred to the district attorney’s office for review and possible charges.

Tuesday, Jan. 4, Waldo County Chief Deputy Bob Keating said police are not publicly identifying the people who are believed to be involved because the case has yet to result in any charges.

Keating said an assault was reported at a Boston Road residence Sunday, Jan. 2, at 3:14 p.m. The complainant reported that a male wielding what appeared to be a miniature crowbar had forced his way into the home and into a bedroom where another man was asleep. The unwanted male guest allegedly assaulted the sleeping man with the small crowbar.

A female was also in the home at the time the alleged assault took place, Keating said.

Sgt. Dale Brown and Deputies David Mushrall and Darrin Moody responded to the complaint, but the alleged male aggressor had already fled the scene by the time they arrived, Keating said.

Monday, Jan. 3, Detective Matt Curtis located the subject and interviewed him as part of the overall investigation, which Keating said has proved challenging because the accounts of the people involved have differed significantly.

“It’s been forwarded to the DA’s office for possible charges,” Keating said.

The male assault victim did not suffer injuries that were serious enough to warrant medical attention, Keating said