A Kaler Street resident reportedly suffered burns to his arms after a fire broke out in his house late Saturday afternoon, April 30.

Firefighters from Winterport were joined by firefighters from Frankfort Village and West Frankfort fire departments, as well as Hampden ambulance, at the scene on Kaler Street.

A neighbor who witnessed the fire said he saw the homeowner come out of the house with two burning pans of oil. The witness reported that a stove had apparently been accidentally left on in the kitchen.

The house suffered extensive damage as a result of the fire.