Searsport emergency personnel responded to a possible electrical fire at a residence on Union Street the morning of Wednesday, March 12.

Crews responded to 4 Union St. shortly before 10 a.m. to what was initially reported as a possible structure fire at the residence. Searsport Ambulance and police also responded to assist at the scene.

A crew from Central Maine Power also responded to shut off the electricity to the home.

Fire Chief Andy Webster said the homeowner was doing electrical work in the cellar when the fire started. Webster said there was only minimal damage to the home due to smoke.

The fire did not cause any injuries, Webster said.

Firefighters were on scene for about one hour, he said.