Fans gathered Saturday, June 21 to watch the group two division of races including Thunder 4s, Strictly Street, Mini Trucks and Late Model Sportsman. The flex race of the week was a New England Pro 4 Tour feature.

The tour visited the track last year, and Bryan Lancaster of Skowhegan was last year’s winner

First on the track was the spotlighted race of the week, a 35-lap Strictly Street feature. Starting on the pole was Richard Spaulding. Tasha Dyer, and Gerry Freve were behind him.

Freve passed Dyer during lap two on turn one for second. Freve and Dyer battled for second. Dyer was able to reclaim second after a caution during lap seven caused a restart. Dyer passed Freve on the inside of turn one when racing action resumed. Back in the pack was Corey Morgan. Morgan was weaving through lap traffic, and had moved to fourth position from his 13th-place start by lap six. Morgan also used the caution to his advantage and passed Freve for third on the inside of the backstretch.

There was another caution during lap eight and Morgan and Dyer fought for third. Morgan passed Dyer on the inside of the backstretch, taking second. Morgan looked for his chance to pass Spaulding. He could not find an opening on the bottom, so Morgan headed to the outside and passed Spaulding on the outside of turn three for the lead.

Morgan’s car liked the fresh air and he soon had a commanding lead. Morgan spent the remainder of the race looking out his rear view mirror watching Spaulding and Dyer try to catch him. Race leaders remained constant until the conclusion. Morgan placed first, Spaulding second and Dyer third.

Morgan started the race as points leader with 222. Zach Emerson was second with 204 points and Tasha Dyer third at 192.

An exciting Thunder 4 race was next. Cody Robbins started at the pole. Behind him were Curtis Anderson and Bill Grover. When the green flag racing began, there was a small jam on the track behind Anderson. Grover passed Anderson off the start, and behind Grover, Robert McDonald followed suit. Anderson slipped back in the pack. Then on the backstretch during lap one, Jeff Davis passed McDonald for third. However Davis and McDonald made contact while racing for position the following lap. A caution was called. Robbins kept the lead. Grover moved to second and Anderson moved into third when Davis and McDonald went to the back.

Starting in the 10th position was points leader Ryan Chadwick. Chadwick had powered h from the back to fourth place by lap two. When green flag racing resumed after the caution, Chadwick passed Anderson for third on the inside of turn three. Chadwick moved up the track and challenged Grover for second. Grover moved up the track giving Chadwick an opening at the bottom. Chadwick moved to the bottom and passed Grover on the inside of the back stretch for second during lap three.

A battle brewed for third between Grover and Jamie Heath. Heath passed Grover on the inside of turn one during lap four for third. Ahead of them, Chadwick continued his advance up the track, passing Robbins for the lead on the outside of turn three during lap six.

Chadwick and Robbins fought until the end of the race for the lead. There were two cautions called during lap 12 and lap 13. On both restarts, Robbins got a good jump off the start and took the lead. However, Chadwick caught him both times, and maintained the lead until the finish. Chadwick took first place. It was Chadwick’s fifth top-five finish. Robbins placed second. Heath placed third.

Coming into Saturday’s race, Chadwick was points leader with 230 points. Grover was second with 176.

The flex race of the week was a 25-lap New England Pro 4 Tour. Starting at the pole was Ryan Glover. Behind him were Darrel Moore and Calvin Rose. Starting at the back of the pack were Dylan Lancaster and Bryan Lancaster. Dylan Lancaster piloted his car from the back to third place, passing Rose for third on the outside of turn three during lap two. Dylan Lancaster then proceeded to pass Moore on the outside of turn two for second during lap three. Dylan Lancaster’s brother, Bryan Lancaster passed Moore for third on the front stretch during lap three.

Dylan Lancaster powered up the track behind Glover. Dylan Lancaster passed Glover on the outside of turn four during lap three. Bryan Lancaster passed Glover for second on the outside of turn three for second.

The Lancaster brothers gained a significant lead, and the battle for the win was between the siblings. Both cars seemed equally matched; however, Bryan Lancaster passed Dylan Lancaster on the inside of turn three during lap 17 for the lead when Dylan Lancaster slowed. The brothers raced furiously, gaining speed as continued around the track. By lap 20, both Lancaster brothers lapped the third place car of Glover. Race leaders remained constant through the finish. Bryan Lancaster claimed the win for the second year in a row. Dylan Lancaster placed second. Glover took third.

A quick, straight-forward 15-lap Mini Truck feature was next. Starting at the pole was Jeff Schmidt. Matt Weil and Larry Marshall were behind him. Off the start, Weil passed Schmidt for the lead on turn two. Jerry McKenna Passed Marshall for third on the outside during lap one. Then McKenna passed Schmidt on the inside of turn two during lap two for second.

There was a caution during lap three, and when action resumed on the track, Kris Knox passed Schmidt on the outside for third. Knox continued up the track, headed to the bottom, and passed McKenna or second. Weil and Knox vied for the lead, but Weil held Knox off through the finish. Weil placed first. It was Weil’s first career win.

Last season was Weil’s rookie year. Knox took second. McKenna placed third. McKenna was the points leader coming into Saturday’s race with 226. In second was Schmidt with 186 points. Knox had 166 points, in third.

Weil, a Midcoast native, said, “I am so excited I can’t believe it, it was awesome. I would like to thank my dad most of all because it would not have been possible without him. He put a lot of time and money into the truck. I would also like to thank Steve Laite of Camden Exxon for his sponsorship. Herrick’s Garage is also my sponsor and want to thank them also. The truck was running very good. We have come a long way from last year. It was pretty exciting being up front and holding off Knox. I hope to get to the podium more this season.”

A seven-caution Late Model Sportsman feature was next. Seventeen race cars competed in the 35-lap feature. Starting on the pole was Bill Pinkham. Behind him were Will Collins and Allan Moeller. There were several cautions at the beginning of the race; however, there were no lead changes until lap 13. Josh St. Clair made contact with the back of Moeller’s car sending Moeller sideways, creating a caution. Moeller went to the back and Josh St. Clair moved to third.

Nick Hinkley had traveled from his 14th starting position, up into the top five by lap 20. During lap 27 Hinkley made his move and passed Josh St. Clair on the outside of turn three for third. In a flurry of action, Collins passed Pinkham on the inside of turn two during lap 28 for the lead. Hinkley challenged Pinkham for second and passed Pinkham on the inside of turn three during lap 29. Hinkley fought for first, but Collins was a force on the track and held off a determined Hinkley for the remainder of the race.

Collins placed first in what was his fourth top-five finish, and his first win of the seas, at Wiscasset. Hinkley took second. Pinkham, who was last in points coming into the race, with only 22, placed third. Hinkley was the points leader coming into Saturday’s race with 166. Chris Thorne was second with 150.

Collins said, “I am really happy to finally get a win in this car. It took five tries, but we did it. We made a lot of changes these past two weeks, and I think we are getting it. I want to thank my mother, my father, and my crew: my father, MG, and Guy.”

The individual June 21 results were:

Strictly Street (35 laps) — 1, Corey Morgan, Lewiston; 2, Richard Spaulding, Lisbon; 3, Tasha Dyer, Freedom; 4, Zack Emerson. Sabattus; 5, Jonathan Emerson, Sabattus; 6, Dan Brown, Peru; 7, Mike Marshall, Randolph; 8, Phil Main Sr, Boothbay; 9, Foster Meserve, Wales; 10, Thomas Smith, Edgecomb; 11, Kimberly Knight, Chesterville; 12, Dave White, Topsham; 13, Gerard Freve, Turner; 14, Dave Brannon, Lisbon; 15, Mike Brown, Union; 16, Jairet Harrison, Freeport; and 17, Shawn Rines, Wiscasset.

Thunder 4s (20 laps) — 1, Ryan Chadwick, Wiscasset; 2, Cody Robbins, Winslow; 3, Jamie Heath, Waterford; 4, Bill Grover, Waterford; 5, Cody Tribbet, Richmond; 6, Trey Brown, Winterport; 7, Jeff Davis, Woolwich; 8, Travis Poulliot, Madison; 9, Robert McDonald, Smithfield; 10, Nate Tribbet, Richmond; 11, Curtis Anderson, Richmond; 12, Roy Sevigny, Windsor; and 13, Aaron Sevigny, Windsor.

New England Pro 4 Tour (25 laps) — 1, Bryan Lancaster, Skowhegan; 2, Dylan Lancaster, Skowhegan; 3, Ryan Glover, Mexico; 4, Darrell Moore, Mechanic Falls; 5, Calvin Rose, Turner; and 6, Nic Skillings, Warner.

Mini Trucks (15 laps) — 1, Matt Weil, Biddeford; 2, Kris Knox, Sanford; 3, Jerry McKenna, Milton; 4, Matt Curtis, Freeport; 5, Jeff Schmidt, Mechanic Falls; 6, Larry Marshall, Dresden; and 7, Roger Allard, Harpswell

Late Model Sportsman (35 laps) — 1, Will Collins, Waldoboro; 2, Nick Hinkley, Wiscasset; 3, Billy Pinkham, Wiscasset; 4, Ryan St. Clair, Liberty; 5, Dave St. Clair, Liberty; 6, Josh St. Clair, Liberty; 7, Allan Moeller Sr., Dresden; 8, Steve Minott, Windham; 9, Chris Thorne, Sidney; 10, Alex Waltz, Walpole; 11, Mike Orr, Wiscasset; 12, Richard Jordan, Kingfield; 13, DJ Moody, Prospect; 14, Chris Bowie, New Glouster; 15, Tyler Robbins, Montville; 16, Dave Patten, Westbrook; and 17, Corey Walker, New Vineyard.

June 14 results

Group one racing June 14 included: Pro Stock, New England Four-Cylinder Pro Stock, Outlaw Mini and Napa Super Street. The flex race of the week was a flagpole race, and there were spectator drags during intermission.

Starting off the action was a 40-lap Pro Stock race. Starting on the pole was Nick Hinkley. Behind him were James Osmond and Maggie Ferland. During the opening lap, Matty Sandborn passed Ferland on the outside of turn one to take third.

Bill Penfold headed to the outside and passed Sandborn on turn one during lap one. Penfold kept his eyes ahead and moved up the track looking to pass Osmond. Osmond and Penfold raced furiously for second. Osmond held Penfold off until lap twenty-three. Penfold completed the pass on the inside of the backstretch taking second.

Dylan Turner passed Osmond on turn three during lap 26, taking third. Turner then passed Penfold on the inside of turn three during lap 27, moving to second place.

There was a caution during lap 28 when Penfold spun on the track. Osmond moved back into third when Penfold went to the back. When racing action resumed, Turner got a good start and passed Hinkley for first along the outside. Hinkley stuck to the inside line and was able to pass Turner on the backstretch, once again claiming first.

During lap 35, Turner again moved to the outside to pass Hinkley. His car slowed and Osmond moved into second and Joe Decker to third. Turner recovered and moved up the track. During lap 36 Turner passed Decker for third.

There was a caution during lap 37 when Decker and Penfold made contact on the track. Decker spun landing in the infield, and Penfold went off the track on the corner of turn three.

With only two laps remaining, Turner passed Osmond for second on turn one. Turner attempted to take first, but was not able to complete the pass before the checkered.

Hinkley took the win. Turner placed second. Osmond rounded out the top three.

A quick, straightforward New England Four-Cylinder Pro Stock feature was next. Twelve cars lined up for a 25-lap feature. Starting on the pole was Craig Dunn. Ryan Hayes and Chuck Harris were behind him.

Harris passed Hayes during the opening lap on the inside of turn one for second. Then, during lap three, Harris passed Dunn for the lead. Despite one caution during lap 21, race leaders remained constant until race conclusion.

Harris placed first. In second was Dunn. Hayes took third.

An action packed 25-lap Napa Super Street feature was next. Starting on the pole was Adam Chadbourne. Behind him were Kevin Morse and Jamie Norton. Chris Buzzell passed Norton on the outside during the opening lap to grab third. Then, Buzzell moved up the track and passed Morse on the inside of the backstretch for second during the same lap.

Dan Nessmith passed Morse for third on the inside of turn one during lap two. Then Josh Bailey passed Nessmith on the inside of turn two during lap two to take third.

There was a caution during lap three when Nessmith spun on the track, and Buzzell and Bailey made contact while passing. Bailey spun round sideways on the track on Zack Bowie T-boned Bailey on the backstretch. All drivers walked safely away. When racing continued, Chadbourne was in first, Buzzell second and Shawn Austin third.

During lap six Buzzell spun on the track. Austin moved to second and James Osmond moved to third. On the ensuing restart, Austin and Osmond battled for second until lap 18, when a caution was called when Travis Dunbar caught fire. Dunbar walked safely away.

The cars lined up for the restart, and when green flag racing began, Osmond passed Austin off the start for second. Austin and Osmond once again fought for second position. Then, during lap 20, Austin had a chance to pass. Austin headed to the inside of turn three and passed Osmond for second.

Chadbourne claimed the win, making it his third first-place win in Napa Super Streets this season. Austin placed in second. Finishing in third place was Osmond.

Coming into Saturday’s race, Osmond was point leader with 222 points. Osmond was second in points with 218. Dan Nessmith was in third place with 172 points.

Next on the track was a 25-lap Outlaw Mini race. Starting on the pole was Nate Tribbet. Behind him were Calvin Rose Jr and Chris Blanchard. There were two cautions in the race before one lap was completed. There was a jumble on the track off the start, and cars were going three wide into turn one. Blanchard, Ryan Glover, and George Fortin all made contact. Glover went into the wall and rolled over, Fortin went to the middle of the track. Glover and Fortin were towed off the track and Blanchard went to pit row. All drivers walked safely away. The second caution came when Blanchard, who had come back onto the track, spun in front of the pit row exit. When racing action continued on the track, Tribbet was in first, Rose second and Shawn Kimball third.

Rose and Kimball raced neck and neck, each looking for second place. Kimball passed Rose on the inside of the backstretch during lap five for second. Jimmy Childs passed Rose on the inside of turn two during lap six for third.

Childs looked for his opportunity to pass Kimball. His chance came during lap 12, and he passed Kimball on the outside of turn one for second. Kimball slows, and smoke began to roll from the car, so he headed to pit row with mechanical problems. Rose moved to third. Race leaders remained constant until the finish.

Nate Tribbet drove under the checkered in first. It was Tribbets' first top finish of the season, and his third top-five finish of the season. Coming into the race, Tribbet was third in points, with 174. Kimball and Childs were tied for first in points, each with 198.

Placing second was Childs as Rose took third.

The flex race of the week was a 10-lap flagpole race. Pat Hinkley started at the pole and dominated the track. Ron Whitcomb and Shawn Rines were behind him. Hinkley held off Whitcomb and Rines the entire race to take the win. Whitcomb took second. Rines took third.

The individual June 14 results were:

Pro Stock (40 laps) — 1, Nick Hinkley, Wiscasset; 2, Dylan Turner, Freedom; 3, James Osmond, Woolwich; 4, Mike Orr, Wiscasset; 5, Maggie Ferland, Auburn; 6, Joe Decker, Chesterville; 7, Adam Chadbourne, Woolwich; 8, Ed Trask, Turner; 9, Matty Sandborn, Westbrook; 10, Bill Penfold, Oxford; and 11, Corey Morgan, Lewiston.

New England 4-cyclinder Pro Stock (25 laps) — 1, Chuck Harris, Bristol; 2, Craig Dunn, Strong; 3, Ryan Hayes, Jefferson; 4, Jeff Prindall, Lisbon Falls; 5, Dave Patten, Westbrook; 6, Kamren Knowles, West Gardiner; 7, Nathan McWilliams, Lewiston; 8, John Shorey, Alna; 9, Brooke Knowles, West Gardiner; and 10, Cameron Folsom, Augusta. Did Not Finish: James Bailey, Alna; and Bob Patten, Westbrook.

Super Street (25 laps) — 1, Adam Chadbourne, Woolwich; 2, Shawn Austin, Norridgewock; 3, James Osmond, Wiscasset; 4, Dan Nessmith, Wiscasset; 5, Josh Bailey, Wiscasset; 6, Kevin Morse, Woolwich; 7, Chris Buzzell, Madison; and 8, Jamie Norton, Farmingdale. Did Not Finish: Travis Dunbar, Auburn; Cody Verril, no town given; Zack Bowie, no town given; and Zach Poland, Woolwich.

Outlaw Mini (25 laps) 1, Nate Tribbet, Richmond; 2, Jimmy Childs, Leeds; 3, Calvin Rose, Jr., Turner; 4, Matt Moore, Mechanic Falls; 5, Shane Kaherl, Jay; and 6, Nick Bessell, Lewiston. Did Not Finish: Shawn Kimball, Augusta; George Fortin, Greene; Chris Blanchard, Clinton; and Ryan Glover, Mexico.

Flagpole (10 laps) — 1, Pat Hinkley; 2, Shawn Rines; and 3, Ron Whitcomb.