Height, length, speed and experience.

Top-seeded and undefeated Hermon proved to be the complete package in the Class B North quarterfinals on Saturday afternoon, Feb. 17 at the Cross Insurance Center.

And, ultimately, too much for ninth-ranked and somewhat young Belfast.

The seasoned Hawks threw down two slam dunks in the first quarter — as the Lions saw their brief lead quickly dissipate in the contest’s opening minutes — en route to a 67-40 high school boys basketball playoff victory.

Click for photos from this game.

Watch video below.

With the win, Hermon (19-0) advances to the semifinals, where it will face No. 4 Winslow (16-3) on Wednesday, Feb. 21 at 8:35 p.m. at the same venue. The Hawks and Black Raiders did not play each other during the regular season.

Belfast, which bested No. 8 Caribou 49-48 in a prelim playoff game on Wednesday, Feb. 14, saw its season wrap at 9-11.

On Saturday, Hermon held a 17-6 lead after the first quarter and 31-18 at halftime, while the Hawks soared to a 47-26 lead after three quarters.

Stan Sturgis netted 13 points to led Belfast, while Chris Kelley and Dakota Doolan added five; Jason Bartlett, four; Aaron Fuller and Dakota Payson, three; Skylar Perkins, Wilder Magruder and Jesse Perry, two; and Tyler Bartlett, one.

Jason Godfrey pumped in 15 points to key a balanced Hermon scoring attack, while Isaac Varney added 12; Cody Hawes and Keenan Marseille, 10; Garrett Trask, six; Jordan Bishop, five; and Kent Johnson, Wyatt Gogan, Joel Bergeron, Dylan Leighton and Eli Reed, two.

The Lions were 8-of-14 (57 percent) from the charity stripe, while the Hawks were 16-of-20 (80 percent).

The taller and stronger Hawks, ultimately, outmuscled the Lions and dominated the glass on both ends of the floor, which led to offensive put-backs or lightning-quick outlet passes that resulted in fast-break hoops — several of which were slam dunks.

“Our goal going in was to make them shoot outside and take away the middle,” said Belfast coach Marty Messer. “But even when we focused on that, they still went inside a lot and rebounded a lot, which ultimately killed us.

“Hermon is just an unbelievable team with a lot of great athletes and a lot of great basketball players.”

Godfrey and Marseille hit 3-of-4 free throws attempts early, but Belfast enjoyed early advantges of 3-1 and 6-3, respectively, after treys by Sturgis and Fuller.

But the Hawks went on a 12-0 run to end the stanza — as three of their five field goals came on slam dunks — to take a 15-6 first-quarter lead.

Hawes converted an offensive putback, while Trask scored off a quick outlet pass and added a short jumper moments later. Marseille then threw down two slam dunks in a row — both of which came off quick outlet passes off defensive rebounds from the Hawks — which prompted a Lion timeout.

While outmatched, Belfast stayed within striking distance in the second quarter after a 7-0 run with a pair of Sturgis foul shots, a Doolan hoop off an assist from Sturgis and a Sturgis 3-pointer to pull the Lions within 21-13.

However, the Hawks ultimately pulled away in the third quarter after a 14-0 run to start the stanza with a Varney three-point play, two Godfrey foul shots, baskets from Hawes and Bergeron, a foul shot from Trask and offensive putbacks by Godfrey and Marseille.

Messer said, despite their season coming to an end Saturday, with a young team starting two freshmen in a quarterfinal playoff game, that the future looks bright for the Lions.

“These seniors have been on the floor here three years in a row at Bangor,” said Messer. “Not a lot of people thought we were going to make it to the final eight at the beginning of this year. A lot of people considered it a rebuilding year. We’ll miss those seniors, but the future looks bright for those coming back next year.”