Jimmie Lee Dulude, 91, died Nov. 30, 2018. She was born on May 19, 1927, to William Thomas Swoape (aka Buck) and Minnie Frances (Keele) Swoape in Manchester, Tenn. She married George Lincoln Berry Jr. in 1946 while he was in the Army in Tennessee. They moved to Belfast in 1948. They had two sons, Patrick Warren Berry and David Anthony Berry, and raised George’s daughter from a previous marriage, Georgia Jean Berry. After George’s death in 1965, she married William Edward Dulude Sr. in 1966. They had two children, Donna Ann (Dulude) Splaine and Philip Jay Dulude. They also raised two of Bill’s sons, Robert Dulude and Richard Dulude.

Jimmie Lee was predeceased by her parents; brother Warren Swoape; sister Mamie Ruth (Swoape) Woods; sons William Dulude Jr. and Richard Dulude; and granddaughter Hazel Hope Berry.

She is survived by her children, 19 grandchildren, and 25 great-grandchildren.

She worked on the line at Maplewood Poultry and cleaned the company’s offices in the evenings. She then took a job housekeeping for James and Sarah Mendelson during the day, while cleaning Dr Snyder’s office, Georgie Allen's Beauty Salon and Lougee's Flower Shop in the evening. She then started alternating her housekeeping job with flower-arranging at Lougee's.

After marrying Bill, Jimmie Lee devoted her life to family and volunteering in the community. She was a lifetime member of Eastern Star, Primrose Chapter and a long-standing member of St. Margaret’s Church. At St. Margaret’s she taught Sunday School, was on many of the different committees including Alter Guild and helped with research and preservation ideas to protect their beautiful stained-glassed windows. Jimmie Lee later obtained her license from the state of Maine to serve communion to the parishioners and to visit the homes to give communion to the sick and elderly. Her other volunteer work included blood drives, collections for the March of Dimes, a hospital aide volunteer at Waldo County General Hospital, and she worked at the Belfast Soup Kitchen.

After Bill’s death in 1980, Jimmie Lee went to Holmes Greenhouse where she worked for over 30 years in floral design. As the years passed, Jimmie Lee developed dementia and was no longer able to work. She lived at Penobscot Nursing Home for five years until they closed. She was transferred to Tall Pines just over a year ago and was there until she passed.

The Berry and Dulude families would like to thank all who helped in her care. A service will be held for Jimmie Lee in the spring. Memories and condolences may be shared at ripostafh.com.