Several fire crews battled a quick moving blaze on Monday that left a family of five homeless.

Troy Fire Chief Daniel Nealley said the structure consisted of two single-wide mobile homes put together under one roof. He said the homeowner told him smoke and fire were seen coming from the electrical box.

Five people lived in the home at 100 Bishop Road, two of whom were children, ages 11 and 13. The Red Cross was notified and is currently helping the family.

According to Nealley, the fire was called in at 1:17 p.m. and spread quickly by gusty winds. He said fire crews remained at the scene for a few hours putting out hot spots.

"The wind and the (cold) temperature was the only obstacle," Nealley said. "The wind was blowing across the ridge behind the house. They had just gotten their dog out. They just made it out."

Fire crews from Troy, Unity, Thorndike, Burnham, Dixmont, Plymouth and Newburgh, along with Unity Ambulance, responded, with Jackson and Freedom fire departments on standby in case of other emergency calls.

No injuries were reported, but the home is a total loss, Nealley said.