Candle starts Frankfort home fire

By Fran Gonzalez | Feb 17, 2020
Photo by: Fran Gonzalez Crews from the Frankfort Village Fire Department talk with the owner of a home that caught fire Feb. 17. The fire, which was started by a candle, was contained to one room.

Frankfort —

A candle was knocked over, sparking a small blaze at a Frankfort home Monday afternoon. One room sustained damage, and no one was injured.

Units from several local fire departments were called to 81 Mt. Waldo Road at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 17. According to Frankfort Assistant Chief Cecil Linscott, the homeowner kept the door closed in the room where the fire started and kept damage to a minimum.

The fire “snuffed itself out,” Linscott said.

The homeowner said no one was hurt and that she was at home with her nieces and grandchildren. She said the damaged room will need to be reconstructed and that a cleanup crew was coming Tuesday.

Crews from West Frankfort, Frankfort Village, Prospect, Searsport, Winterport, Monroe and Winterport Ambulance responded to the call.


A parade of fire engines at the blaze on Mt. Waldo Road in Frankfort Feb. 17. Extinguished quickly, the fire was contained to one room of the home. (Photo by: Fran Gonzalez)
Firefighters wait to hear from commanding officers at the driveway of a Frankfort home Feb. 17. The fire, called in around 1:30 p.m., was contained to one room. (Photo by: Fran Gonzalez)
(Photo by: Fran Gonzalez)
(Photo by: Fran Gonzalez)
(Photo by: Fran Gonzalez)
Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.