Heating Assistance Program has changed income guidelines!

May 19, 2020

Waldo Community Action Partners, (WCAP) administers a Fuel Assistance, also called LIHEAP or HEAP, in Waldo County.  It’s a program to help eligible households pay a portion of their home heating bills. Households may also be eligible for a credit on their electric bill through CMP. We are taking applications until July 15th, 2020.  You may qualify for Fuel Assistance if you own, rent, rent w/ heat included, or if your rent is subsidized.

If you pay court ordered child support, you may be able to deduct the amount paid from your household’s income. If your household income is over the HEAP income guidelines, you may be able to deduct the amount you paid for medical expenses.

We will need the following documents to complete your application: Government issued photo I.D. (i.e. driver’s license, EBT card w/ photo, Passport, etc.), Social Security cards for all household members,  proof of gross income for each person in the home,  copy of electric bill,  name of fuel company and account number.  For more information, please visit our website at waldocap.org or contact WCAP at

Phone: (207) 338-3025

E-mail: liheap@waldocap.org

Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30-4

If you appreciated reading this news story and want to support local journalism, consider subscribing today.
Call (207) 594-4401 or join online at waldo.villagesoup.com/join.
Donate directly to keeping quality journalism alive at waldo.villagesoup.com/donate.
Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.