Sign In:

Home » Place » Community Happenings » Page 2

Community Happenings
  • Published
    June 20, 2022

Freedom news

The Charter Commission has been hard at work. After a couple of months of planning and orientation to the massive task ahead of us, we are approaching the beginning of actually “writing” the charter.

• Published
    June 20, 2022

Frankfort news

Sorry I missed last week’s column; I’ve been ill. I still have a virus that makes me cough and has drained me so that the slightest exertion takes its toll. Add to that I had an allergic reaction to some food item last Tuesday night and was taken to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor by the Winterport Ambulance service.

• Published
    June 20, 2022

Stockton Springs news

The Congregational Church of Sandy Point will be hosting “Rise Up Singing” campfire gatherings in the grassy church parking lot on the second and fourth Thursday evenings of each month throughout the summer. All are welcome!  The first one is Thursday, July 23.

• Published
    June 20, 2022

Maine region of Guiding Eyes for the Blind looks for puppy raisers

Puppy classes are held in Belfast. Raisers receive ongoing, local support every step of the way and free veterinary care.

• Published
    June 20, 2022

Montville & Liberty news

One of the tallest mountains in Waldo County, Frye Mountain is a popular destination for local hiking and recreation. Though a summer access road runs over the mountain, the summit holds a wild feel, as the clearing once present there is now overgrown by the forest. This tells a larger tale about Frye Mountain, a place once home to a community, but now reclaimed by the forest from which it originated.

• Published
    June 20, 2022

Little Learners graduate to kindergarten

Fourteen Waldo County YMCA Little Learners and one retiring teacher celebrated a successful year of preschool.

• Published
    June 19, 2022

First Church offers free community meal June 25

The meal is free to all who attend and takeout is available without any preorder required. The menu is roast pork, baked potato, apple chutney, dessert and beverage; serving begins at 5 p.m.

• Published
    June 19, 2022

Weekly meditative vesper services at St. Margaret’s

A meditative vesper service in the ecumenical Taize tradition will be offered every Tuesday at 5 p.m. through the summer at St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, 95 Court St. ... 

• Published
    June 19, 2022

Searsmont news

Bruce Brierley passed away at home on June 13, surrounded by his dear wife Sandra and members of his family. Searsmont mourns the passing of a man who devoted more than 30 years to serving this town, many of them as first selectman.

• Published
    June 19, 2022

Knox news

It is that time again, write a column. Raining hard here, heard some thunder. Sun coming out, too.

• Offers
  • Briefs

close x