Sign In:

Home » Place » Community Happenings » Page 2

Community Happenings
  • Published
    January 27, 2022

$55 Million for low-income heating assistance coming to Maine from American Rescue Plan

The bill, passed last March, will double the funds to help Maine’s assist those in need during winter months

• Published
    January 25, 2022

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine to speak at Camden Conference

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine John Herbst will join other world experts to discuss a range of European challenges.

• Published
    January 25, 2022

Women’s Club donates to Finding Our Voices

Tthe International Women’s Club of New England awarded $4,150 to Camden-based Finding Our Voices.

• Published
    January 24, 2022

Students invited to apply for free summer Maine Youth Wilderness Leadership Program

Participants will spend nine days backpacking from one end of Baxter State Park to the other while studying wilderness through science, art, storytelling, photography, writing and history. They will climb Mount Katahdin, volunteer with a ranger, and paint with a professional artist. The group will be led by experienced educators from the Chewonki Foundation. All program costs are paid by Friends of Baxter State Park.

• Published
    January 24, 2022

Exploring Peru’s Cloud Forests and Amazon Rainforest

Roger Rittmaster, Coastal Mountains Land Trust board member will present on his four-week tour photographing wildlife in the Cloud Forests and Amazon Rainforests of Peru.

• Published
    January 23, 2022

Knox news

Well the below-zero temps are not for me. The birds are hitting the feeders hard. They like the sunflower seeds, suet and cracked corn I put out. Have been happy to see two pairs of cardinals show up and feed. The squirrels showing up are plump, so I know they are eating good. I have a fox showing up, too. Marilyn, my sister helps me keep them fed and helps me out. I am so thankful for her. 

• Published
    January 23, 2022

Thorndike news

Here we are going into the deep freeze again. I would rather the temperature did not go below zero.

• Published
    January 21, 2022

Frankfort news

Frankfort residents continue to speculate upon the nature of the recent robbery at the Wentworth Family Grocery in Frankfort Village. All we can determine from the media is that a robbery occurred and other than that, we are left to wonder.

• Published
    January 21, 2022

Unity news

I was driving back from Waterville and when I hit the Plantation I noticed a few Fairfield fire/rescue trucks heading in the opposite direction. I thought to myself, "This can't be good." When I got home I found out about the Amish Market. Many thanks to the firefighters and rescue personnel. The building is a total loss. They had just reopened on Monday the 17th after being closed for two weeks for winter inventory.

• Published
    January 21, 2022

Waldo news

Over the past month or so I have been thinking about the condition of some of our roads and wondering if it's time to adapt our road maintenance practices. Decades ago, and much before that, our seasons were fairly predictable: cold snowy winters, slow springs, warm summers with just enough rain, and cool falls with a dry period and a wet period. Like most places in the world though, our weather and seasons are changing in response to our warming planet.

• Offers
  • Briefs

close x