Sign In:

Home » Place » Community Happenings » Page 4

Community Happenings
  • Published
    May 16, 2022

Morrill news

Profile this week is of Auxiliary member and Morrill resident Joan Mills. Joan is now and has been the treasurer of the Auxiliary for many years. Joan is the mother of three grown children whom she loves to visit or have visit. Joan's late husband Charlie was a longtime member of the Fire Department who once did a one-year stint as chief.

• Published
    May 16, 2022

Waldo news

What a taste of summer we have gotten recently! As I drive around and see other local towns come to life, I can't help but again wish there was more in Waldo. Brooks has a food truck that's back for its second season. Wouldn't it be great to have food trucks on the town building property every Saturday and Sunday on summer weekends?

• Published
    May 16, 2022

Thorndike news

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day, as I could not ask for more. Dustin was really quick to jump in and pay for my "do" at Hair Flair. He then said "Happy Mother's Day, Granny.

• Published
    May 15, 2022

Monroe news

Wonky weather trends seem to continue as temperatures soared into the 80s for multiple days in a row. I let Oliver set up his new splash pad in the backyard and eat multiple ice pops throughout the day…just practicing for real summer!

• Published
    May 15, 2022

Brooks news

The rabies clinic sponsored by the Waldo County Humane Society was well-attended with 134 dogs and cats getting their rabies vaccinations. Special thanks to the Waldo County Humane Society Vvolunteers and Little River Veterinary Hospital crew...

• Published
    May 15, 2022

Unity news

What a spectacular week! The weather being almost summer-like, though, has brought out our nemeses, the black flies and mosquitoes.

• Published
    May 14, 2022

Jackson news

It is some summer hot out there today. Apparently, it’s twenty degrees above normal temps this week according to the weather peeps. The sheep mostly hide indoors all day long, from both the heat and the black flies. It’s great weather for getting the bicycles out for a ride.

• Published
    May 14, 2022

Palermo news

The Palermo Republican Committee hosted its annual spaghetti dinner at the American Legion Post 163 on May 7. The dinner included homemade spaghetti sauces, salads, Italian bread and homemade desserts. The dinner raised over $500, which will go to Republican candidates.

• Published
    May 14, 2022

Stockton Springs news

Ryan Ordelt, a Boy Scout from Stockton Springs, is working on the new Mount Tuck trail. Ryan has taken on construction for his Eagle Scout project. He cut the trail last fall and is looking to finish it in the next month so they can open the trail this summer.

• Published
    May 14, 2022

Searsmont news

It’s full spring in Searsmont now. Hummingbirds are back. Tom turkeys are displaying. Grass is growing and mowers are starting up. Lilac leaves are about to pop open. Bleuets, purple violets and common strawberry are flowering. The loons are calling on Quantabacook, Lawry and other local waters, and birdsong is a feast for the ears. Daffodils and tulips are in full bloom, making the town quite a sight for the eyes.

• Offers
  • Briefs

close x